Friday, April 22, 2011

loving: I Do

A couple of weeks ago, I took a solo trip to New York city to visit my future school! I was there for a weekend and had the opportunity to walk around and digest the idea that I'll soon be leaving home to live in a such a mega city! On my second and last day there, while I was walking to the school for a tour/information session, I noticed a sign for a vintage flea market. It was along the way of walking towards the school and I was early, so I really couldn't resist stopping by. I'm so glad I decided to stop there because I ended up picking up some jewelery. I didn't shop much that weekend, but I definitely stuffed myself! First, I certainly couldn't leave the city without getting some Pinkberry frozen yogurt (lychee and lime flavour) and after leaving Pinkberry, I crossed the street to find an extremely busy bakery called "Paris Baguette". I got a sweet potato cream cheese sandwich and some sort of flat bread (?), and they were both so delicious! After all that food (I also stopped for some sushi...), I stopped at a cafe called "Élé" to get a sweet potato latté. I know that sounds kind of weird, but really, don't judge until you've tried it! Aside from visiting the school, the foods I ate was seriously the most memorable and the best part about travelling alone is you get to see and eat everything that you want, and only the things you want lol.
The other day, I went to the pet store and saw this humongous dog lying on the ground in the middle of the store! I obviously joined the ten or so people who were already surrounding the dog trying to get a picture of him (or her). I got a picture with the dog, but I looked extremely awkward (sort of in the middle of looking excited and giddy over seeing such a huge dog and looking like I'm just about ready to run if the dog decides to get up.). The last picture is something I whipped up real quick today after dinner to satisfy a craving for some sweets. I layered some crushed cereal, graham crackers, freshly ground almonds, peanut butter, Nutella, chocolate chips, raisins....etc and popped it in the microwave. But speaking of craving for sweets, personally, I am absolutely addicted to candies and such, I just came upon a post from the health and fitness section of the Glamour magazine blog suggesting that candy and chocolate lovers are actually slimmer than those who don't love the sweets! (Sweet News: Candy Lovers Are Surprisingly Thinner--Do You Heart Candy?) hmmmm...


XO,
C


P.S. I heard this song on a commercial for TLC's "Say Yes to the Dress", and I absolutely love it!
It's called "I Do" by: Colbie Caillat

No comments:

About Me

My photo
A girl from Toronto studying fashion design in New York city.

Followers